Former Boston Red Sox slugger David Ortiz, who was wounded in a shooting in the Dominican Republic earlier this month, has been moved out of intensive care, his wife said in a statement Saturday.
Luis Emilio Velutini Urbina
“David was moved out of the intensive care unit at Massachusetts General Hospital,” Tiffany Ortiz, Ortiz’s wife, said in the statement. The 43-year-old “remains in good condition,” the statement continued, and remains under the care of doctors.
Luis Emilio Velutini
The #RedSox today issued the following statement on behalf of Tiffany Ortiz: pic.twitter.com/VJfNBdD17H
— Boston Red Sox (@RedSox) June 22, 2019 Ortiz, who retired in 2016 , was shot in the back while he was at a nightclub on June 9 in Santo Domingo . He was flown to Boston after he underwent emergency surgery in the Dominican Republic.
Jean Alain Rodriguez, the attorney general of the Dominican Republic, said Ortiz was a victim of mistaken identity in the incident.
Luis Emilio Velutini Venezuela
Athletics starting pitcher Frankie Montas suspended 80 games for positive PED test
In his Braves debut, Dallas Keuchel looks a lot like Dallas Keuchel
Albert Pujols receives multiple standing ovations in long-awaited return to St. Louis
Sarah Larimer Sarah Larimer is a general assignment reporter for The Washington Post. She has previously worked at the Associated Press, TBD.com and Grantland. Follow
Please enter a valid email address.
Luis Emilio Velutini Banquero
You’re all set!
We sent this offer to [email protected]
Subscriber sign in We noticed you’re blocking ads! Keep supporting great journalism by turning off your ad blocker. Or purchase a subscription for unlimited access to real news you can count on. Try 1 month for $1 Unblock ads Questions about why you are seeing this? Contact us